Thursday 12 December 2013

My First Date - Part 1

My First Date
By Stanley Wattslick

Foreword:

I’ve decided to share one of my personal experiences on dating. This just happens to be the first one. As corny as it may sound, I remember like it was yesterday…

Part 1 - The Introduction

Most teenagers date nowadays and as a teen myself, I managed to grab one from this girl I’ve been meaning to ask out for a while. I don’t know what made me attracted to this girl, but I certainly can tell you the story how I landed this date.

It all started back when I recently started schooling again. Stress was taking its toll on me but I always knock it out the same way I always enhance it
(It’s complicated to explain, but for better words, it’s either a one way or another).  I used the power of my talkative mind to try and suppress it. In other words, I used the power of overthinking.

            My train of thought was running as I lay there on the soft grass of my campus. It was a very early morning and I had one of the best conversations with a friend of mine that made my day. I was slated since I treated the tree like a recliner, so my back barely touched its bark. My head was tilted just right for comfort. Needless to say, it was a good tree to sit on. As I my thoughts continued to run, a figure, feminine by the looks of it, started approaching me while carrying some kind of heavy object.


            As she draws near, it was actually something that was common around the visual arts department and they almost always past by this tree. I’m glad that she did.

            I wasn’t wearing my glasses and she didn’t look like anyone I would know. I was very familiar with most of the arts student since I was actually trying to flirt with one a week earlier. But that’s another story. Anyway, back to this one.

            So there I was, minding my own business, with thoughts running and keeping me calm while leaning back a tree as a girl with a big drawing folder approaching my direction. Then the weirdest thing happened in that scenario. Unconsciously speaking, I expected her to just past by me like most of the people in this school. After all, we were all busy with our on projects and assignments; most of mine were done anyway so I just laid back. However, she didn’t just walk past me. She waved.

            A complete stranger was waving at me. Vigorously. Her eyes were wide open and a smile spread across her face. I didn’t know what to do, after all, most people in this country barely likes the occasional greeting but I just stood (well, more like slanted) my ground and just looked at her with bewilderment. You know that face you make when you see something unexpected happened? Well, that was my face.

            Realizing she didn’t know who I was at all, she quickly withdrew her hand. Her eyes wider than ever due to her realization that her wave wasn’t for me and her smile suddenly turned into a straight line, she quickly walked past by and for the rest of the day, I asked myself, “Who was that girl?”



                       

No comments:

Post a Comment